Why do women always call other women "HOME WRECKERS" when they have affairs with married men?

The married man is the HOMEWRECKER!! Why does the other woman always get the blame? Why do the wives always want get revenge in one way or another on the other woman? My husband had an affair and I blamed no one but him! He's the one who is married to me!! He is the ONLY one who is responsible for his actions. He wasn't FORCED to have an affair!! I have also been the other woman! I never set out to fall for aMARRIED man! You can't control who you fall for! Even if you try to avoid married men, they will manipulate women to get what they want! MEN should be responsible for their own actions! Don't blame other women all the time! I do agree that there are women who LOOK FOR MARRIED MEN! But they are RARE!

amydh

Asked by amydh at 9:04 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Of course the man is at fault. Absolutely..that is a no brainer. But the "other woman" is also to blame if she knew the man was married. It's all about choices. You can't control who you fall in love with, but you can control your actions and make the conscience choice to not act on those feelings. It is called being responsible, moral, ethical, an adult...whatever. The same is true of the husband.

If the husband and the other woman proceed knowing what they are doing, then they both are responsible for the names they are given. I'm sorry if you don't like the answer, but it is all about being accountable for your own actions. Period.
    happymom612

Answer by happymom612 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I believe that the man is to blame, but I also believe that if the woman knew that he was married...hell ya she is a home wrecker too...
    So you did what your husband did to you. Karma..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:09 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• if the woman knows he's married they're both at fault. it's easier to blame the other woman,than to accept that your husband just betrayed you.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 9:18 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yes, the man is to blame for looking. But the woman is also a home wrecker, when she knows the man is married (or finds out) and continues the relationship.
    kittynala

Answer by kittynala at 9:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• If you know he is married then you are a home wrecker. If you don't then you've been played for a fool. Of course the man is to blame but women who know what they are getting in to are equally to blame and thus, home wreckers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• The wife is just as much to blame as the husband and the other woman. If she took care of him the way she was supposed to he wouldn't be cheating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• The term "homewrecker" was coined a long, long time ago...when women were merely an extension of the men in their lives. Men were the Kings of their castles and when it came to a roving eye....well "boys will be boys". Women were not allowed to vote, most didn't work, and an umarried woman stayed home until she WAS married...or she became an old maid who took care of her parents until they passed on.

we now know a lot better.....
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 9:30 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

This is some ignorant bs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• If a woman knows the man is married, then she's wrong for messing with him whether it's text, webcam, voice or actually doing the nasty with him, but it doesn't make her more to blame than him by no means. I agree if my man cheats, he's the one that cheated on me, but I don't think you can just "fall for someone". Nope if he's married, you leave him alone, if the conversation goes in a topic that's appropriate you stop talking to them...you can control what you do with them. Homewrecker is too nice for you if you're the other woman. Adulterer is too nice for the man too...
    I do think women that with-hold sex are giving their men a reason to WANT to cheat, not permission. Karma is something for those "other women" to think about tho.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• "You can't control who you fall for! Even if you try to avoid married men, they will manipulate women to get what they want!"

Your statement is a cop-out. Sure, I've met attractive married men. I avoid getting involved. You CAN control who you fall for. Getting in bed with a married man takes effort, it doesn't just happen. And men can only manipulate if you allow yourself to be manipulated. How the h*ll do you get manipulated into getting naked?

Yes, the husband is at fault. But the woman also knows she has crossed the line. The man can't cheat unless he has a willing woman.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2008