Please help!

a few months ago. I was casually watching tv an episode on the worst mothers who killed their kids, abused them and the worst things they can do and being a mother of a 3 yr old girl. I at first didn't take it to heart thinking it is just a show. Later that night I ate late and drank a cup of warm milk. While i was going to sleep i started having anxious thoughts about someone breaking in and taking my child away what would i do? (my husband works at night) so i started feeling anxious...so soon i got it out of my mind and tried to think about other things. I still couldn't sleep. I then felt like my tongue was going limp and was sliding inside my throat, immediately i got up and my heart started racing. I felt like throwing up but i couldn't i tried and tried but i couldn't. I then finally go a grip and called my husband and he came home. I went to sleep. Later the next day i still kept feeling like my heart was racing. I went to the ER and they told me it was Acid reflux, as my nutrition was bad and i was putting my health on the back seat to tend to my daughters needs. I was a working woman and i gave it up to raise my daughter. But that incident shook me up and I am scared of every little physical symptom. I went to a ob/gyn she told me i had pcod. I am currently on birthcontrols. I still feel anxious. I want to know how to get over this. I got scared because i felt i was incapable of saving my child and more than that fear i was scared of what was happening to my tongue. If anybody has a suggestion pls tell me.

Let me add that i have been feeling extremely irritated, anxious and emotional 6 months prior to this incident. ever since i stopped breastfeeding my daughter at 2 1/2. hence i went to a gynae.

The preacher at our church tells me i need to put my faith in God and move on and forget the incident as it was just an out of the blue incident.

I lived alone for many years going to college, i had a c-section and lots of other financial hurdles but i was never scared but this incident shook me up.

Please help, any suggestions to deal with it will help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm not really sure about the acid reflex or anything but I have a facebook account and I go through causes on there and I have watched videos about parents beating and killing their children~ in order for you vote or whatever to count you have to watch the entire video and it is overwhelming to me~ after watching them most nights I cant sleep and I cry alot~ I feel anxious the way u do and constantly worry something might happen~ I have the anxiety~ I wish I could help u more~ I still breastfeed my youngest which is also 21/2 and I cannot seem to stop =( So IDK if u ever want to talk or vent or anything you can always look me up~ I wish you the best hun =)
    sparkle0940

Answer by sparkle0940 at 4:40 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I am so sorry you are going through this! Maybe you could get a watch dog and that would make you feel safer. German Shepards are very loving with kids and EXTREMELY protective of their family. They view their family members as their pact. You could maybe sleep over at your mom's house with your dd on nights that dh isn't home. You could install a home security system. You could talk to a therapist and see if he/she can get you some medication for anxiety. It'll be ok. Hang in there, Mama!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:41 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Personally, reading what you've written here, I was thinking you have an anxiety disorder of some type. Anxiety disorders can cause all of your symptoms, including acid reflux. I would recommend talking to a therapist and go from there. Don't just ignore it though, because it can get worse.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 5:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I agree with ShaunnaMichelle- I was recently diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, and this is almost exactly how it presented! You can see your regular Dr. and he can help you with it- he can give you meds or refer you to a therapist or Psychiatrist. I was embarrassed to talk to anyone, but they will be more understanding than you think. Good luck, Mama!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2011