How did you tell your mom and dad you were pregnant?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 4:24 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Wasn't anything special. I went to the ER for some other complications and they did a urinalysis and found out I was a few weeks pregnant as well. Mom was right there with me, so we both found out at the same time.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:43 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• over the phone. I just said "I'm pregnant!" I was living 3 states away at the time. My mom was pretty mad that we called my MIL first. She says with the second she has to be told first.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• well.... i ran the six blocks to my mom's house with my pants barely pulled up from peeing on the stick.... and was sobbing so hysterically that she literally thought someone had died... but later we had a more rational conversation later lol. all's well that ends well!
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 5:33 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I just told them. My mom 1st & cried like a baby & qapologised then she said that she is happy for me & she is sorry that this was not in my BIG PLAN for my life & that it's happened, no use she gets upset. It's done. My dad on the other hand went white & then said something very bad to me. A week later he called me at work to ask how my mornng sickness is going. but now he hates my boyfriend!
    Hope871

Answer by Hope871 at 7:11 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i called my mom the minute i found out. in all honesty, my parents have never been supportive about my pregnancies. but as soon as i had them everything changed!
    teastin14

Answer by teastin14 at 7:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The first time I gave them a gift bag with a baby shoe in it. The second time which was a huge surprise to me, I just called because I was in a panic.
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 7:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i just called and told them
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 10:24 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• my hubby and i took my parents out to dinner and told them. this is baby #3 for me. they thought my baby days were over as i have a 9 and 7 year old. they were in shock, my mom cried but they were happy. any child is a blessing. then my dad said that hed have to save some more money to take 3 kids to disney!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I just called my mom and told her. She told my dad for me
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 11:41 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• my mom found out from some people at my work and i told her i wasnt..then a week later after i took another test to make sure i was driving with her in the car and said really quickly that tom wasnt wrong dont hit me lol she started laughing and since shes not my husbands biggest fan she hit me in the head but not too hard...she told my dad and a few weeks later i was at his house and he said so are you really and i said yep youre gonna be a grandpa for real this time..my step sisters have 5 total between them...him and my step mom have been totally more supportive though than my mom has been
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 2:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2011