DO you think pitt bulls are bad dogs?

I love them, they are so sweet, and i know they have a bad name because of the jerks that think it is cool to fight them, but i think alot people view this on just what they have heard. My father in law had one and she was the aweetest thing ever. When my son was a baby she would lay next to him and if he cried she would whine. I think they are very loving animals.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 5:27 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pets

• omg....this is proof that the breed as a whole is making history....for the better....not ONE of these comments is painting pits in a negative light. im hearing less and less things about the breed..i LOVE it!!! Pits are my FAV breed
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I love pits!! I also love rotts, german shepherds, mastiffs... Its the way they are raised & bred not the breed
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 5:30 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• There is no bad dog, there are bad owners who turn their dogs bad. I think they are beautiful!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:39 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• No. It is the owner of the " bad dog" who is bad. Pits are great.
    ladygetz

Answer by ladygetz at 6:00 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think pit bulls have bad owners.

The fact is that any dog has the capacity to be an out of control, poorly behaved, under socialized danger. If you don't take the time to train your dog you will have a dangerous animal on your hands, especially if you dump it outside once the cute puppy novelty wears of.

If, however, you research the breed you want, buy from a reputable breeder or go to a rescue that knows what they are doing and take time to train that dog even when the puppy novelty wears off, then you will have a good dog that listens, behaves well and is properly socialized.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 8:40 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• No, pitt bulls as a breed are not bad. They are used in the wrong way by many and have gotten a bad name.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 6:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• No. I think it's all in how they are raised.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:46 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• No I don't, it takes a human to make a dog mean regardless of it's breed.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• my inlaws have a deaf pitbull. The vets wanted to KILL her cause she was deaf, MIL and FIL would not allow this to happen. Today she is a 7 yr old happy bit bull that has NEVER hurt a soul.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• No, I don't. I do think that if they come from poorly bred lines they are more likely to have behavioral issues just like any other breeds. I also believe that the owners can play a part in the dogs behavior as well. I own two pit bulls by the way.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2011