What the best way to study the word of God and how to break the word down for my understanding

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 5:29 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Get a good study Bible and pray and ask for guidance from God.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Commentaries.. Look online for a commentary for whatever book of the bible you are reading.. biblegateway.com has some.. The NIV study bible is helpful too.. I know this sounds stupid, but 'The complete Idiot's guide to the Bible' isn't bad either.. You can also google 'online bible study courses'.. There are some free ones.. I'm taking one now and really enjoying it..
    Send me a message if I can help at all..
    ObiRenKenobi

Answer by ObiRenKenobi at 7:59 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The best way that I have found is to find a Bible study at a local church....you can ask questions when you don't understand something, they usually start at the beginning og the Bible and work all the way through, and it's nice to have other people studying with you that you can bounce your thoughts of off.
    Good Luck
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think the NIV Study Bible is excellent. The notes at the bottom of the pages are so informative and often gives the history behind the verse. A good concordance is a must. I use Strongs Exhaustive Concordance. It gives meanings of words in both Hebrew and Greek.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You could get a children's bible. The blood, gore and violence are down-played and the stories are told in simplistic ways. Interesting that the bible has to be "edited" by adults in order to make it palatable for little children. In my christian days, I got a living bible because it used modern language and was more understandable. You could try that.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The Message bible is also easier to follow..
    ObiRenKenobi

Answer by ObiRenKenobi at 8:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I use a greek and hebrew dictionary it gives the original texts of words in the bible and make the meaning soo much better.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• A good bible study is the best way, and a bible that's easy to understand.
    luvmebrats9

Answer by luvmebrats9 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2011