What are some good christian movies and dvds that i can keep in my home because what is on tv is not for my teen and for my granddaughters to watch now

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 5:49 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am not sure yet but I think my mom has some about Daniel and the lion's den and other histories like Ruth and Esther if you want i could ask her the name or where did she got them if they are not for sale I could get a copy from hers let me know if those are the kind you are looking for.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 5:59 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I love the Tyler Perry movies and plays, some of them cover some heavy topics so you may want to watch them in advance to see if they are something you would be comfortable with your family watching but they show the Christian way of handling the things that alot of the newer generations may be going through.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:41 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I am sorry that I cannot help although I just wanted to point something out. If you are restricting what they watch at home they may start watching those shows somewhere else. For me it is more important to know exactly what is out there so I can talk with my kids about why it is not appropriate.

I understand your point and I understand wanting to protect your children.  Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:18 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• like cornflakegirl said- use some of what is on as starting points for conversations about how people SHOULD act or things people should do or about how love is NOT the way they show it on tv....
    Trying to protect them from these things is only going to work for so long...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:33 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• head to church and ask there. There are many series created for teens with christian based themes. Also, some of what is on tv can be appropriate. Not all of it, I admit. And unfortunately a lot of what is appropriate is preschool level.
    For movies, check out a youtube video series "Pc's take." ( search "PC's take" in the search bar of youtube) He is a pastor (Whom I know personally) who reviews movies that are in theaters, giving a christian perspective on the themes in the movies. He also talks about what age groups they are appropriate for. If you want his info to talk to him further, I can certainly get that for you.
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Flywheel is good! I have a suggest.. go to http://www.christianbook.com/  and look in their movie section to get some ideas! :-)

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i'm not sure about the teen and depending on how old your grandchildren are there are the veggietale movies which are good. My daughter likes the movie "At Jesus' Side" and we also have The Jesus Movie and a movie on Creation and Noah's Ark. I'd do what Shaneagle suggested and go to that website or find a Christian bookstore. The staff there would love to help you :)
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 11:18 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Facing the Giants comes to mind. We have lots of DVD's in our church library. If you attend church, you might want to check there. That way you can watch them and if you like them, you can then go out an purchase them.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:48 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• As any parent can tell you, once you start banning certain activities for your children or grandchildren, you guarantee that they will find a way to seek out and do what you don't want them to do. My youngest sister, a preacher's wife, did the same thing with her kids. They were only allowed to watch christian videos, read christian books, and were home-schooled. What did all this sheltering-from-reality accomplish in the end? Well, her son deals drugs and is shacked up with a girl whose baby isn't even HIS. Her daugher is pregnant by the guy she is shacked up with and due any day. They both smoke pot and cigarettes. The girl is also an alcoholic. Only the "gods" know how that baby is going to be when it's born! Not the result my sister intended. But this is what you are setting your grandchildren for by making t.v. forbidden. Be ready!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• There was a movie recently called The Book of Eli. It had violence and stuff in it, but I was surprised by the Christian content. I really loved the movie, and the fact that it is religious without being OVERTLY religious might make it something teens would want to watch.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2011