What to do with a 10 yr old boy on a snow day?

We can't go out more than 2 hours because I also have a 1 yr old. And all he wants to do is play violent video games and I am not going to allow that.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 6:43 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Time to break out all the board games~ :)
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:47 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Bake :D put him in front of the counter and let him bake some cookies or something.... or even make some edible play dough. You could make some salt ornaments with salt dough my kids love that and the older ones are 13 and 14. Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i agree board games, card games, cooking baking, a movie..if he is really giving you a hard time then I would have him help you clean. I do this with my kids, if they say they are bored then they have to help me clean something.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Bowling, Chuck E Cheese, jumpin Jammin Gym, cross country skiing, swimming at the local Y, skating...library.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 7:15 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Bowling. Even the 1 yo can bowl with moms help.

There is a movie theater near me that on Tuesdays has "take your baby to the movie". They play a chick-flick type movie during "nap time". You can leave baby in stroller and wheel them right into the theater.

What about one of these ceramic painting studios where you can paint your own piece of pottery and then they fire it for you. Both kids can do that one.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:01 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• What about calling a local friend for the 10 yo and having him come over. Then at least he is with someone his own age.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:04 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• board games, have him read, do crafts
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:01 AM on Feb. 22, 2011