Kind of a weird one here. lol

does anyone think dogs can sense when someone is about to go into labor? i am not taking this completely to heart, but my dog hasnt left my side since i woke up this morning. she wont go to anyone else, which is strange. normally she goes to my husband. just kinda curious. like i said, this question is weird, but it made me wonder.

teastin14

Asked by teastin14 at 7:46 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am not sure . However, my dog and cat stuck by my side the whole time I was pregnant. It seemed like they would take turns sitting on my lap. Now, they do their own thing and only come to me when they want something):
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 7:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i think its a myth but it can be true how far along are you. Well if you go into labor within the next few days you will know lol
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I was wondering the same thing! our dog is more like my hubbys dog and she has been following me everywhere! And just acting really weird!
    CherieByerly

Answer by CherieByerly at 12:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i am currently 35 weeks, and this pregnancy has been hard to say the least. (lots of complications) my drs dont think i will make it past 36 weeks. i am hoping to make it to at least 38 i dont think i will make it to 40. lol
    teastin14

Comment by teastin14 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• my dogs have both been all over me for the last couple of months which is hard cuz one weighs 80 pounds the other weighs 5 and loves to lay on me and lick my belly...i think its more that your dog knows something is going on with you and wants to protect you...however if you go into labor then i would give her a treat for figuring it out for you lol
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 2:39 AM on Feb. 23, 2011