Do you shop at?

Walmart, Meijer, Target, KMart, Costco, Sam's Club, or any other warehouse type place? If so do you find that you save money or not?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Shopping

• I shop at Walmart and Sam's. We don't have a Meijer or a Costco. I find much cheaper prices than at Kroger, which is the other major chain we have. I'm talking sometimes $1 or more per item. To me, that's a big savings. The only problem with Sam's is that products are sold in bulk, and sometimes we simply don't need so much of whatever, but two families can always share and still cut costs.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I save time when I can run all my errands at one place. I'm not sure about that money.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I go to BJS. Its similar to Sams and Costco. It is great for certain things but you have toknow your prices. I used to buy my dds formula, diapers and wipes there. It was the best deal I found. But some other items were actually cheaper at a regular store. Like toothpaste. A pack of 3 was more expensive than if I bought 3 packs at CVS. So it really depends on the item. I also shop at Walmart
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:59 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Almost never but I didn't say never. It's always my preference to buy elsewhere though. I like places that are easy for me to get to, have terrific customer service and amazing corporate ethics. Too many of the big places fall down on all 3 counts.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:02 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Walmart- and every couple months we go to costco and get dog food and maybe a few other things- a lot of that stuff costs more than or close to what I can usually get it for so we don't go crazy with buying a lot of food there-
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:42 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I find Walmart has the cheapest prices around on almost everything. Meijer's has good sale prices, but is a little high on non-sale items. I don't buy things often at Sam's unless I know that we can eat it up fairly quickly. For instance, Digiorno's pizzas were $6.99 at Kroger, you can get 3 for $12.98 at Sam's. Some of their food is restaurant quality. Some of their prices are not cheaper, so you have be careful. I think Kroger has pretty high prices now, I only buy things that I have coupons for or sale items there. We don't have a Costco nearby, and I never go to KMart.
    donnald

Answer by donnald at 8:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• SWAsson yes that does save time and money both I agree with that that is usually what we do also. We go through the ads and then decide where we are going to do our shopping. My mom always told us running here, there and everywhere doesn't save money or gas
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I go to BJS, but we're a family of 7 so we need to buy in bulk! I find much cheaper prices, especially on diapers, wipes, and other paper products. We also get our gas there and it's usually at least a few cents cheaper than other places.

Answer by missanc at 9:44 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Wal Mart for this mommy
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I shop at Target. It's not a warehouse store, it's a discount store.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Feb. 22, 2011