1.s u v or mini van? 2.make n model? 3.& how do entertain your kids in the car?

i'm a single mom on the go with 2 kids & i always have 5 or six other people with me.

gessimac

Asked by gessimac at 8:03 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have a Ford Windstar, the sport model. It's really nice, but mine has some electrical issues, due to being from a certain lot with a rep for messing those kinds of things up. lol My older kids like to play I spy, or find letters of the alphabet while we're riding, or we sing songs(I am warning you now, this one can get old fast! lol). Sometimes the radio is enough, but my kids are 8, 6, 4, and 2, and the younger two are pretty laid back.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I have a Ford Explorer Sport Trac, while it is neither a SUV or van it holds 5 people comfortably and I can still haul anything I need to in the truck bed. If you are looking for a larger vehicle I would go with a Chevy Suburban. My friend had one and she has six kids. It worked well for her. Depends on the kids ages but my 5 year old likes to play I spy and the alphabet game (find each letter of the alphabet in order on signs) plus a couple games he made up. He also likes to sing along to the radio and play with a couple of small toys. If it is a longer trip we take his portable DVD player and he watches a movie.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:58 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i would definitely get a minivan. i always say that SUVs are for parents but minivans were totally made for kids. i would get a honda odyssey. they are awesome! tons of room and storage space under the floor. the best way i have found to entertain my 2 year old in the car is movies and snacks. i also give him a few hot wheels cars to play with and he stays pretty well occupied
    beckerswife1429

Answer by beckerswife1429 at 9:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I have a kia sedona and i love it. there is plenty of room for the kids (i have 4 girls) and to keep them busy on long trips we bought dvd players that mount on the back of the seat in front of them. short trips we do books and music.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• hmm......i have both......i have an astro van for running the kids around town and to and from school (seats 8, need extra room to give friends rides home) and i have a suburban for more long distance traveling, (anything over and hour) and they have ipods,dvd players, ds's, coloring books just about whatever they want to bring in the car ........but my kids are older 15,13, and 9 so they pretty much entertain themselves.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I have a 2011 Toyota Sienna. Love it. I have 3 kids - 6, 11 &13. We go on long road trips during the summer. They keep each other occupied for the most part. They older ones used to make up games while in the back of the old Sienna. Now the 13 yr old is up with me and we laugh and play music, look for reasons to stop and see things. I always have a computer so they can watch movies, it has never come out.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:56 AM on Feb. 22, 2011