Question about online college

Has anyone else finished their degree online? I was a public relations student but never finished...I want to go back to school and get a paralegal studies degree. I am concerned about jobs though, what do employers think of online school? Any advice would be appreciated as I am trying to finish my fafsa and all that...

TrevorsMommy03

Asked by TrevorsMommy03 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• I think it depends on the school. Make sure it is an accredited school and preferably with a recognizable name. Most Colleges and Universities have some online courses. Most emplyers don't have a problem with an online degree if it's from a reputable school.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:52 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I finished my degree 100% online - but I did it through a local university. The nice thing about this is no one can tell my looking at my degree that its was "online" (unlike colleges that have no physical building). I just didn't want the stigma of people thinking I got my degree from a "diploma mill" -- i.e. pay us 10k and taa-daa! You have a degree. If you check your local universities website they should have info about online courses and degrees. Depending on how far into your degree you are, if you transfer in they may not need to have your entire degree online - just the courses you still need. More and more brick and mortar schools are offering larger selections of online classes to capture commuter students. Good luck! If you have any questions you think I could answer - feel free to message me :)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:07 AM on Nov. 19, 2008