What do you do to help keep your dd's hair from being tangled in the morning? (For moms with dd's with long hair)

My 7 yr. old dd has long hair and I help keep it neat well if it was left up to her it would look like a rats nest...lol
At night I usually tied it up in a loose ponytail but before I do this I brush it out so in the morning I can just fix it with no problems or I'll have a spray bottle with water and some conditioner to help me out.
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I braid it before bed. She's 3 and it reaches her butt crack.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:45 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would braid it. My daughter's hair isn't an issue now and might never be but that's what I will do if it gets bad.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:46 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You can either do a bun at the top of her head so that she doesnt sleep on it or get a satin pillow. Braiding is a good option too.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:48 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I used to braid my daughters, it was down to her butt by the time we cut it. It is currently growing out (I really don't like her short hair and it seems to be higher maintenance than long hair).
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 8:49 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Braid it.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:13 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I usually buy the Johnson and Johnson stuff and use that in her hair. We comb it at night, afternoon and morning to keep it in check. I just had to teach her that long hair is hard to care for and beauty is sometimes painful.

Answer by gemgem at 9:15 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My daughter won't let me do anything to it. I just get the detangler spray and work on it while she is eating breakfast. She is 6. My 7yo has short hair.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• DD's hair needs to follow-up shampoo with conditioner. If we don't, her hair is a mess the next day. We also have to blow dry out her hair or it stays a tangled mess.

Eventually, though, we opted to have it cut into a more manageable style. It was her choice. She climbed up in the chair at the salon and told the woman that does my hair exactly what she expected from the experience. LOL! The beautician clarified the length with me and then followed Meg's instructions from there. She's got a shoulder-length bob now. Before that it was nearly down to her waist band. She's 6 years old.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• we use the detangler spray
    carolinagirl075

Answer by carolinagirl075 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Braid it or put rows or start at the top of the head and take a small section put in a binder then work you way down so it looks like a row of binders in her hair there is also putting it in a bun
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2011