How do i get her to sleep in her own room/bed?

me and my baby's father had recently moved back in together but i made the mistake of letting her sleep with me while we were seperated for 6 months. now she wont sleep in her own crib. if she sleeps in there if only for a few hours then she wakes up and cries. nap time she wont sleep in her crib, everything i go to put her in she wakes up and screems like there is no tomorrow. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

bb2luv

Asked by bb2luv at 8:45 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• IMO, you should continue to let her sleep with you. I think it's cruel for you to give her that comfort and closeness and then snatch it away like that. Imagine how she feels...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:47 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Sometimes you have to let them scream, crying isnt going to hurt anything and you have to stick to your word. If you cave everytime she screams or cries, then shes got you all figured out. Be the smarter one. Good luck =)
    p.s. Maybe she is ready for a toddler bed? if she doesnt like her crib it could be something new and exciting to be getting a "big girl bed"
    Rebecca25

Answer by Rebecca25 at 8:48 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• its not cruel........life is always changing and she is growing, she will adapt, it just takes a little time.
    Rebecca25

Answer by Rebecca25 at 8:50 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• can you put a bed near your bed? is there a particular reason that you want her back in the crib?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Let her cry. She will eventually fall asleep. I know it sounds cruel but it started when she slept with you. Get a picture of yourself and put it in her room where she can see it. Tell her mommy is always watching you. If she needs a night light or a white noise maker put them in the room too. It may take a while but the longer it goes on the worse it will get to break her of the habit.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:01 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• me and her father moved back in together so a queen size bed is cramped. and i see my sister 8 is still sleeping with my dad n step mom and i dont want that to happen with me. when she cries its like a screeh, it hurts the ears and she can go forever. then i just feel bad for letting her cry that i take her out. (plus i think the other people in the apartment building may think in killin her from the way she cries)

rebecca i never thought of that but she is only 14 months isnt that still young?
    bb2luv

Comment by bb2luv (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i agree with ^^ let her cry it out. Its not cruel when its time to wake up just cuddle alot with her =) or when dads not around cuddle in bed together again..
    Evilfelly07

Answer by Evilfelly07 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Start with nap time. Take a t-shirt that you have worn the day before and put it on a stuffed animal. Tell her this is her special lovey from mommy and that you and the animal are always with her. She will get it. The animal will soothe her and have your scent. Once she is better with naps, then you can work on bed time.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011