If you suffer from Migraines...did they get worse during pregnancy?

Mommakat425

Asked by Mommakat425 at 8:50 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• For my mom they did but for me they did not. Before dd they were horrible. I get the squiggly lines and then severe pain and nausea. During pregnancy I just got the lines and that was it. I took Tylenol when I got the aura but tylenol never helped before. So Im just assuming they were that way from pregnancy.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My migraines got much much worse....nothing I can really do except hide under the covers with the lights off and just ride it out
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I didn't but I do know a trick that might help. A lady I worked with had terrible migraines. She would cut a red potato in half and stick each one on her temples. Weird I know but she said it worked most of the time.

Also another home remedy would be to get either Tei Fu lotion or Tei Fu oil, You can rub the lotion on the back of your neck and forehead or temples. The oil you put on the back of your neck, temples, right above your brow line, and on your wrists. Keep BOTH AWAY from your eyes. Burns really badly if you get it in your eyes. I buy mine from Nature Sunshine Products but you can probably find some in any natural food/herb store.
    AequitasVeritas

Answer by AequitasVeritas at 9:05 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Thank you all so much. I cannot take any medication (obviously) and I will certainly try any natural remedies! :)
    Mommakat425

Comment by Mommakat425 (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Mine got much worse and were lasting all day, every day. My doctor prescribed lortab.

LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 11:25 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• YES!
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011