My son doesnt like baby food.

He is 8 months old but I cant get him to eat babyfood. He eats these strawberry cookies called Mum Mums (they are organic) Im not really worried about him not eating the baby food, but I am not sure what I can give him. Does anyone know anything that I can give him that will help take the place of the babyfood, but things that an 8 month old can eat?

MissyD87

Asked by MissyD87 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try baby led weaning. It's basically what you're eating but cut into small pieces that he can feed himself.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:04 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• have you tried blending up your own meals? i used to blend up banana and apples all together. and even if a meal was made, lets say...tator tot hotdish...you could blend a portion of that up.

just an idea.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:05 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Table food, what you are eating. By 8 months all of my kids were eating what we ate for meals. Fresh fruit or steamed veggies cut up small or mashed with the back of the fork, yogurt, applesauce, cottage cheese, etc.

Answer by missanc at 9:05 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Feed him what you eat. Get yourself a food mill and do up whatever you are having (reducing salt - you can keep it spiced if he likes it). It's hard to believe but you'll probably be giving him more nutritious food than what's in jars.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My 8 yr old didn/t really like it either, it was worse when i gave him some real food then i couldn't get him to get it at all. Do you have a food processer? if you do you can use regualar food whatever your eating and put it in there. even if you don't you can just mash it up real good, i don't think they have to eat actual baby food. as long as he eats and its some healthy things.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Thanks! I know I am constantly worried about him choking, maybe Im just worried about nothing. But he's my first so I guess I'll learn : )
    MissyD87

Comment by MissyD87 (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• all 3 of mine liked real food. use a blender to puree what you're eating. babies see what you eat, vs what they get and yours smells so much better!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:23 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• considering for years dog food had tighter regulations than baby food, (it may still )He's probably not missing out on anything by not eating it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:35 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Eh, 8 mos is still young. If you want to try, offer soft, small finger foods and let him try to self feed. At 8 mos, my son also had no interest in solids. He wasn't really into them until 11 mos.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:02 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Super Baby Food has a lot of good ideas. My dd didn't like jarred babyfood (neither did I) but I would steam a butternut squash or sweet potatoes, or other veggies and blend them put them in ice trays and give that to her. She also loved avocadoes and still does. She didn't like the porriage from the book, but I used a lot of the other ideas.
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 12:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2011