Did anyone else out there suffer with Placental Insufficiency without any known cause?

The 3 main reasons are heavy smoking (don't smoke), extremely poor nutrition (ate healthy food although didn't have a huge appetite), and chronic illness (I'm healthy). In the end, I took my daughter full-term (plus 2 days) even though PI tends to lead to a premature delivery. Anyone else out there have this happen?

Nonoluna

Asked by Nonoluna at 9:10 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It happened to me in my first pregnancy, my daughter was born full term at less than 5 pounds, but she was pretty healthy and got to go home before she was 5 pounds. I was healthy too and didn't smoke or had any bad habits.

Answer by older at 9:18 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The OB was very accusing (he was only around for the delivery) but my midwife and doula told me that it is just something that happens sometimes. Hard to get over that guilt though even if it's not founded.
    Nonoluna

Comment by Nonoluna (original poster) at 9:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2011