My hubby is scared I won't bounce back after baby#2.....

First off, this pregnancy was not planned as we only planned to have our 5 year old. I am ii weeks along and yesturday my hubby tells me that the only thing that bothers him about this baby as that I might not bounce back like I did the first time. I was back in my jeans within a couple days and went on to lose an additional 15 lbs. without trying but I did breastfeed. So I looked even better after having our first but I was also still in my 20's. My hubby and I are very honest with each other about weight and stuff. If I ask him if I have gained, I want the truth so I can do something about it. I figurd the life change, sleepless nights and crying would worry him more than my figure. So I am not sure if I should be mad that he said that or glad that that is the only thing he is worried about.... Opinions!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• THATS what hes thinking about? Yikes, sounds pretty shallow.... im sure you will still be there for him when he doesnt bounce back from hair loss...
    Rebecca25

Answer by Rebecca25 at 9:16 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Well your husband should love you for who you are and not what size you are. Who cares if your a little bigger after having a baby. My personal opinion is that is very selfish on his part and i would be upset too. I am sure if he gained 20 pds that you would still love him no matter what. its not about what size you are its whats inside that matters.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:17 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• If it were my husband, I would be upset that he cared more about my figure than anything else. But, you say your honest about everything like that. I am overweight but, I have always lost all baby weight within 2-3 weeks of having the baby.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:15 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• what is your husband looking like these days?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:19 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I personally would be pissed that my husband was worried about something so shallow. I have 5 kids and I'm back in my size 2's, but it definitely took longer with my 5th than it did with my first - of course! My husband never even batted an eye, and I'm sure that if I was a size 6 or 10 or more he wouldn't love me any less. I would be really hurt.

Answer by missanc at 9:17 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• What a douche!
    Stephanie329

Answer by Stephanie329 at 9:36 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• While he can have concern for your overall health (incl being at a healthy weight)- he should not come across as being so shallow about putting so much value on having a perfect bikini model body. It's not realistic & it's detrimental to your body image & self esteem.  Tell him he should worry that the baby is born healthy & that your marriage stays healthy as well.  GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:18 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Bounce back as in your figure? If so, sit him down for a viewing of the movie "Shallow Hal" and ask him if anything sounds familiar.

If he's worried about your health, that's good of him and the best thing he can do is help you.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:37 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Your health is more important than how you look after giving birth to a child.

What a shallow minded man!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I agree with all the posts! Yes it is great to have such great communication!! But he is not looking at it from your point of view. Your body is under going a huge change and with every child it CAN take longer to get it back. His body would not look the same if he had the baby. Its easy for him to put that expectation on you to get back to the way you were before being stretched out 10 times bigger.

I had twins in my 30's and it took a YEAR but I got my body back. So, bottom line as long as your eating right, and active you will get your body back. It may just take a bit longer this time. But its to be expected so do not beat yourself up over it and your husband shouldn't either!!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:23 AM on Feb. 22, 2011