Will splenda mess up your glucose test?

I have my 1hr glucose test today at 11:15. I was wondering if I put splenda in my tea if it would affect my test results at all. She said I was fine to eat before hand, but not to have anything really sweet.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 9:44 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Splenda does not have glucose in it. But it's pretty bad for you so I would skip it just because of that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I've never heard of a GTT being done on a patient that was allowed to have anything other than water before hand. Are you sure about your pre test instructions?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yes. This is my second pregnancy and with the first one they let me eat before hand as well and I passed it. I just called yesterday to make sure and she said it was fine.
    moviemom22

Comment by moviemom22 (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• my dr said splenda is a no no when pregnant
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Well I passed it! I know splenda is not recommended when you are pregnant, but once in a while I like it in my tea because regular sugar is calories and I'm trying to watch my weight gain since I'm on the heavier side.
    moviemom22

Comment by moviemom22 (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2011