Four Americans killed by Somali pirates

The US military says Somali pirates have killed the four Americans about the yacht Quest. Gunshots were heard while negotiations were underway for their release. The owners of the yacht had been sailing around the world distributing Bibles.

Asked by gdiamante at 9:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I was afraid this was going to happen. I didn't have a good feeling about them getting released. My thoughts and prayers are with those that knew and loved them. How sad.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• How sad
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think it is tragic and my prayers are with their families.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:45 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Like Ysk, I think it is tragic and I've been praying for both them and their families.

What I can't stop thinking about is that we have an aircraft carrier within a few miles of that little pirate enclave. What I can't stop wondering is why it isn't in there si nking every boat, and blowing up every dock ~ at the very least. Not doing so is ridiculous. This is the way pirates have been handled for centuries. Paying them off is NOT the answer because they just keep kidnapping more people and demanding more money.

If Somalia wants to 'claim' them, than it has to own up to acts of war. If Somalia doesn't 'claim' them it should be considered a 'favor'. Imo it should have been done the very first time they hijacked anything/anyone instead of being paid off. The entire world has taught them it's ok ... but it isn't.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I agree with farmlady, blow them to smithereens
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Looks like I won't be sailing around the world in the near future ~ my heart goes out to the families of those slain.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011