Gallbladder or stress?

for the last 3 weeks i have been having pains in my right, middle side, feeling sick a lot, and tired, and now i have no appetite. i have a dr appointment scheuled for the morning. they mentioned my gallbladder with the symptoms, but could it be stress? a few months ago my husbands four smallchildren were put in my husbands cutody and thngs have been hectic...to say the least.

ash.k.ray

Asked by ash.k.ray at 9:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Health

• It could be stress. How bad is the pain? With my mom she said it felt like what she thought a heart attack would feel like.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It could be stress - which could also trigger your gallbladder. When I had gallstones it felt like a band was around my rib cage, I've never had worse pain.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:13 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• everyone says their gallbladder pain was in their chest area... my pain is just to the right of my belly button and i is a stabbing pan that comes ad goes. thats whyim not sure what it is.i hate tests and drs and im sure they will poke and prold.
    ash.k.ray

Comment by ash.k.ray (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The pain I had from my gallbladder was all over from my right to my left side and included vomiting everytime I ate something. Best thing to do is get it checked out anyway. They just did a gallbladder ultrasound for me and bloodwork that showed I had an infection. It wasn't too much poking and proding.
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 11:05 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It can be your gallbladder. Stress can & will cause digestive upset. So your answer is both.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• when i had gallstones while pregnant, it felt like someone had stabbed me mid-abdomen and was turning the knive while pulling down. it was so painful that i was passsing out on the way to the hospital, and was going in and out while waiting for the doctor.
    chrisrmom

Answer by chrisrmom at 1:42 AM on Feb. 23, 2011