I'm 17 weeks along & i haven't really gained any weight!

I weigh about 15 or 20 more pounds than I "should" (since i gained around 50 pounds with my first & didn't lose it all) but i haven't really gained any weight during this pregnancy. I don't have an appetite for anything warm really. I want cold food or nothing. I eat as much as i can and i thought about drinking those Boost shakes or some type of food supplement something or other just to make sure i get the calories & everything but i don't really like the way they taste. Any suggestions?

krissymamaof2

Asked by krissymamaof2 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• im 18 weeks and havent gained a pound AT ALL...if im lucky i gained half a pound..i have a REALLY fast Matabolism (cant spell that) and so its VERY hard for me to gain weight and im very under wieght...so they usually say not to worry just yet...you'll start gained :]

im hoping i do! lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• dont rush it you will gain trust me when i first found out i was pregnant and this was my third i was losing weight. don't try taking anything as long as you are going to the doctor and they are telling you things are good just be patient/
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Dont worry, with my first I gained 40 and didnt really loose it, and with my second two lost wight until around 5 mo then gained. As long as the baby is growing nicely your fine.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 10:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Oh Honey, I gained almost all my weight the last half of pregnancy! And my one aunt who was a little over weight actually lost weight the beginning part of all 3 of her pregnancies. Don't get too worried, that weight comes on most in the last trimester. And I had aversions, rather than cravings, like you are with the hot food. I idid not want certain foods that I had always liked before. I had a little appetite too that early in my pregnancy. Don't worry. If you feel good and are mentally healthy you will be just fine!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• It's fine, I wouldn't worry. If you are overweight, you may not gain that much during your pregnancy and it will still be fine. I was average weight with both of my pregnancies and I didn't start gaining weight until I was about 20 week, in fact, before that point, I lost a lot of weight(not purposely). Just try to eat healthy and you'll be fine. Good luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• since i dont gain weight..i have to drink Ensure's because i lost weight so theyre making me gain wieght
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• With my pregnancy I didn't even start showing until I was 5 months pregnant!! And I am a very thin person. I think it just varies from person to person. I wouldn't stress to much about it because stress isn't good for any pregnancy! Just bring it up at your next doctors visit!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 11:00 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• If you're a little over (like me) you only have to get about 15 lbs going at the most. You will probably start getting hungry around 23-24 weeks and go about 1 lb a week.

Focus on eating high quality food instead of how much you are eating. Make sure you are taking your vitamins and getting enough protein- I would go with Peanut Butter and homemade cold chicken, not lunch meat because of the risk of listeria. Nuts are a good option, too.
    Your body is telling you what it needs. It doesn't need to gain weight to take care of this baby. We already have the maternal fat stores necessary to ease delivery and that's what you would be putting on right now. Just eat some good food and wait. Your appetite will kick in when the baby needs it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:00 AM on Nov. 19, 2008