When you drive some where for the first time...

do you usually remember how to get there the next time or do you need directions?

My hubs is a brilliant man and has built up an amazing business, been honored in his field, and can remember the most insignificant trivia.... yet I am CONSTANTLY having to give him directions. I asked him to do me a favor tomorrow because two kids have to be somewhere at the exact same time and he can not remember how to get to where the child is and he was just there last week. ??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Travel

• I usually need at least two times and then the third I'll get it, fourth I'm solid. These days people use GPS so much, they don't have to think about where they're going, or pay attention to where they are, they are told where to go and what to do, and I think it makes learning a route to somewhere harder.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I tend to be excellent about directions but that can't be said about everyone. We all have different strengths and weaknesses. I can only imagine how frustrating it is that he has trouble with it. :(
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 10:12 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Sounds like my oldest, we joke about him getting lost in the bathtub. It's not that he has no sense of direction, but that his brain is so busy thinking of other things that he isn't paying attention to where he is or how he got there.

I am the polar opposite. I drive somewhere once and am usually go to go there for the rest of my life. DH is somewhere in the middle. So, when we all go somewhere I either have to navigate or have a good sense of where I am going on my own because DH is too busy looking to navigate for me.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:14 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• amybaby.... I bet that is it... he has the gps in his car so maybe he doesnt pay attention
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:14 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Once or twice and Im usually good to go. Thing is sometimes I think men (ones I have known lol) forget things they dont really want to do. One example. I am not from this area and my husband was raised here. I take my son to the movies in the next town over. I even know a back way to get there. It is not a hard place to find. I tell my husband he needs to go get my son and he says he doesnt know where the place is. A week later son needs picked up from the same movie theatre and before I can even ask (which I wasnt going to he said he didnt know how to get there) my husband is out the door saying he is picking them up and got there quickly, using a back way. The difference in the two times? First time dh didnt want to leave the house all weekend. Second time, dh needed something from the store and he suddenly remembered where the theatre was.

Answer by gemgem at 10:16 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I use my navigator. Honestly I only need to use it one or two times before remembering the route.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:18 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• ha, nope, can never ever remember
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 10:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Men tend to have no sense of direction. I tease my husband about it. He relies on his GPS most of the time.

Sometimes it drives me crazy because he'll go the long way instead of the short.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Normally if I have been once, I can get there again without directions.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:34 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~.. my husband has an amazing mind, and remembers things like no ones business!!! I on the other hand need directions everywhere!!! Hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2011