Need help

for now 2 weeks my stepmom has been jumping down my throat for nothing and disrespecting me in front of my kids how do i handle this as an adult . OK here is a up date we do live together umm she started actng like this when me and my kids dad started looking for a apartment now her son has joined in on the whole thing by telling me to keep her name out of mouth and calling me every name in the book and i dont say anything about his mom (my stepmom his mom) they moved in with us and took over the house and i put food in the house with my food card every month and this is how i get treated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I would tell her to back off!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:13 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Give the two of you some space. Then come back together without children and talk.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You need to make it clear to her that you are a grown up. Be sure you're acting like one too, making your own decisions. If you're not taking control and being mature you need to begin or things will never change. If you are relying on others its only natural they will want to make the decisions and find the boundries unclear. Good Luck.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 10:16 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I am assuming you don't live together - So just avoid her for a few days, then once things have calmed down tell her you have been thinking about your relationship and y are not happy with the way things are going. She needs to respect you in front of your children, and if she has some issue with you she can bring that up in private.

If she keeps acting like that, then just avoid her.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would speak with her and explain how you feel. If she continues I wouldn't spend any time with her. I am a firm believer that some people are toxic and it makes me feel bad when I am around them so I try to avoid spending time with them. I'm sorry to hear that that someone is your stepmom. I hope things work out.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'd calmly tell her she looks foolish and her behavior is not very nice (I'd say that part for the kids since they are learning how to interact with others by watching adults). The kids might be bullied in life so teach them now how to handle a bully.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Ask her what is going on to make her think it is O.K. to be so Disrespectful to you-

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:58 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• can you offer some more information?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2011