How can I get my male toy poodle to stop marking the house?

My toy poo just turned 1 a couple of weeks ago and he has started marking in the house after being house broke. Is this a lost cause?

Granna2006

Asked by Granna2006 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pets

• Get him fixed

Answer by louise2 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I have a tiny toy poodle,and he will be one next week,I have had this problem,I made it a point to take him out at the same time,everyday.Kipper does not pee in the house hardly at all,unless I have to be gone all day.If he goes in the same spot (news papers).kipper on the other hand will still poop.Thank God the poop is solid and small,so easy to clean up.Good luck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Make sure you get the pet resolve or something similar that is made especially for pets. This way when he can't smell where he marked before. That is usually the biggest problem is that the dog can smell where he has went previously and then will inevitably go there again. Another suggestion is to go to www.cesarmillaninc.com and see what the Dog Whisper says about that. Everything that he has ever done has always worked for me (even on dogs I don't know....LOL I am always trying his technique....hahahaha)
    sammyjnrtwins06

Answer by sammyjnrtwins06 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• get him fixed or get him a belly band....
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I was wondering if fixing him would help. Thanks for the tips.
    Granna2006

Answer by Granna2006 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• SNIP SNIP SNIP

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Once they start marking there territory getting them fixed doesn't work. I have had several male dogs and they continued to do it. Good Luck. I currently have a male dog that got fixed when he was a puppy and he is now 4 and he still marks his territory. Most of the time it is just nature. Good Luck.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• nuetered and then belly band if it continues. You can reduce the chances of marking AND "intact" aggressive behaviors if you get this done before they reach "maturity" but that has passed...

But dogs do mark and you may be stuck with this problem since he is a yr...so invest in a belly band!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Well our little spooky poo is getting the snip later this week.....
    I hope he stops marking the inside. Any information on what he will be like when he gets home from the vet? This is a first time for us.
    Granna2006

Answer by Granna2006 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2009