Birds and bees

who takes care of the "who are babies born" and "how are babies made" questions in your house? how do you answer them? The truth or something else?

pioneergirl10

Asked by pioneergirl10 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well considering I am a single parent... it will be me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Me and always with the truth.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Me. Dad is a lot of fun, but they turn to me for serious questions. I tell them the truth, but there is a difference in how detailed the answer is depending on their age.

Answer by missanc at 10:23 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We plan on *when they are little* doing it just by whoever is there when they ask. We will explain some of the truth, you know mommies and daddies make the babies, etc. Then around 10 or 11 sitting down with them one on one (me if its a girl, him if it's a boy) and explaining the basics. In today's world I feel like they need as much information as they can have.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't remember ever sitting down and "having the talk". We were open about things her whole life so I guess it took care of itself. Our dog had puppies which probably helped that situation too. She's almost 15 now and we're still very open with the belief if she hears it from us it's correct information instead of talking to friends at school. Don't sweat it. Oh...we did have "a talk" when she started her period and told her she could get pregnant now that she's started having menstrual cycles..

RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Whoever receives the question answers it. Whether it be myself or my husband. Kids should be able to talk to either parent about anything imo.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Me.. dad is useless here.
    myheartflys

Answer by myheartflys at 10:59 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'm sure it will be me. I answer questions honestly in an age appropriate way. So far my kids have been more interested in how babies get out than in how babies get in in the first place.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2011