Foood portions?

my son is 10 months old, my pedi told me to start giving him what we eat for dinner so i have been. but i feel like he's not eating enough..he takes about 10-15 bites of whatever were having, and then will have 8 pieces of a banana chopped up. Is that enough for him?? i feel like compared to the baby food, he was eating much more then.

How much should he be eating? is 10-15 bites enough? they aren't full spoon fulls just 1 piece of meatball or macaroni on a spoon.

dmdemes

Asked by dmdemes at 10:20 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• His stomach is the size of his fist. What you're feeding him is plenty.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Table food is more filling than pureed baby food, so that's probably the difference. As long as he's still bfeeding/drinking formula, it's fine.

Answer by missanc at 10:27 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• At this age table food is more for the experience of food rather than to fill him. Make sure he is still breast/bottle feeding and he should be fine.
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 12:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i think thats about right my boys are 10 months and will eat around that much, they still get there formula and are growing just fine
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 1:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• he will not starve himself, if he doesnt want to eat dont make him. when hes hungry again you'll know.
    Evilfelly07

Answer by Evilfelly07 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• CraftingMama beat me to the punch. He'd doing just fine.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think a serving size of something at this age is about 2 Tbs which is not much food at all so it sounds like he is doing fine. Just make sure you are still giving him his formula or nursing him, and do that a bit before he eats as that is his main source of nutrition at this time. He will gradually eat more over the next few months, just let him go at his own pace and follow his cues. The great thing about babies is that, as long as they are healthy, they will eat when they are hungry and they will stop when they are full.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2011