What color is your kitchen painted/decorated in?

I've dragging my feet for years on painting our kitchen red, but, am considering maybe just one focal wall instead. The current color is a granny smith type of green. I use a lot of red and black accents, it opens up to the family room, which is a soft yellow and grounded with our brown sofa.

liteofmine71

Asked by liteofmine71 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I would do one wall first and then see if you think another would be overwhelming. My friend had hers all red with black and white accents and it was beautiful. Not sure how well that would go with the soft yellow and brown.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Taupe.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• red, and tomato type colors have been shown to increase your appetite and make you eat more.
    Mine is sage green with chocolate granite and toffe colored stone tiles. Oak flooring and cream pickled cabinets.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:43 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The majority of my house is decorated in blue, chocolate and cream....hmmm that doesnt sound like it would look good now that I see it written down lol but I promise it's very soothing
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We are redoing our kitchen right now. We repainted it a light green, kind of a mint green. And we are doing a wine theme.
    Shaylyn318

Answer by Shaylyn318 at 8:22 AM on Feb. 23, 2011