Do you encourage your kids to eat breakfast in the morning or not care?

I need breakfast or I feel sick to my stomach so I always have it. My stepdaughter does not usually eat breakfast when she is with her mom (about half the time) while I really encourage her to eat breakfast. what I've noticed is that when sd doesn't eat breakfast, when I pick her up from kindergarten the first thing she says to me is "I'm starving."

Is breakfast a regular part of your kids' morning routine or not?

pioneergirl10

Asked by pioneergirl10 at 10:30 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Kids' Health

• one of my kids is like me, and can't eat first thing (makes me feel sick). The other two have to have their breakfast. Everyone is different, but the general rule is on school days- you have to eat breakfast.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My kids would never skip breakfast. They are always hungry in the mornings! Even if they weren't, I would try to encourage them to at least eat a little something--a yogurt cup or piece of fruit.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• yup... I always make sure my son eats breakfast. He is almost 2 but research shows not eating breakfast isn't goof for you! But I do know some people don't have an appetite in the morning, myself included. But as you stated we will be hungry later on lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• *good
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I made them eat something when they were that age, but around 8 my son told me he really didn't want to eat in the morning. I asked him to at least drink some juice - that year in school they were eating "lunch" at 10:30 so I didn't worry about it too much. If they have a snack at kindergarten (mine always did), I wouldn't worry about it. My 11 yo discovered those Carnation instant breakfast "shakes" about a year ago and that's what he drinks now. Not the healthiest thing in the world, but I drank them for a few years when I was a kid and I'm pretty healthy.

Answer by missanc at 10:35 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i make sure all three of mine eat something in the morning my daughter dose not like to eat but i remind her that it will be along time befor lunch and she will say ok and eat
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:35 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My son always eats breakfast.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I absolutely make sure my boys eat. Both of my boys are regular eaters, they need their 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks a day! Although you can't tell by looking at them because they are such skinny little toothpicks! I don't feed them junk all day, so I think that helps a lot. I buy healthy snacks for them like, applesauce, pudding, fruit cups, cheese sticks, etc. When it comes to breakfast before school especially, I make sure they eat something. First of all they have to because they both take a daily medication and need to eat, and secondly, I know how it feels to be hungry at school. My mom never made sure we ate before school and it killed me during the school hours. But I make sure to feed my hungry little monsters.
    txsgal

Answer by txsgal at 10:36 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• ~*Yes*~... We encourage our children to eat! Helps them stay focused in class...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It's a must in our house. They don't have a choice so they know once their up, and dressed it's time to eat. We have a set routine, and it's a part of it. Breakfast is THE most important meal, it sets the stage for the rest of the day...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2011