Anyone use opks?

I am ttc #3 and i bought some opk's. I have a 32 day cycle it says to start using them on cycle day 15. That seems a little late. Have you ever used them with good results?

lillysmama2008

Asked by lillysmama2008 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i usually start about 5 days after my period ends..which is day 11 for me. i think i should start sooner though because this month i tested and got a positive on day 11. i was shocked. luckily me and dh did do the deed that sunday and the night before so i hope i get a positve hpt this month.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• If you have a 32 day cycle then you ovulate somewhere betweeen cycle day 16 and cyle day 21 depending on how long your luteal phase is, assuming you have a healthy luteal phase.

OPKs aren't very accurate though...look into charting. The book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility is a good place to start.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Well my period was weird this month, very light then very heavy and shorter than normal. I am on cycle day 7 so i am not sure when i should start using them. I just dont want to miss my day!!
    lillysmama2008

Comment by lillysmama2008 (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I start around CD 11 and I have had good results....I was able to definitely tell when I ovulated. I say go for it!! I actually recommend testing from CD 7 to CD 22 (since you have a bit of a longer cycle than 28 days). Of course, test until you have that beautiful positive line!! Many blessings and baby dust to you!!
    OliverMe

Answer by OliverMe at 1:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I used them and got pregnant with both of my kids. I don't recall what day I started on.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2011