my due date is today and i am going crazy i need this baby out i want to see what he looks like and i want to be a mother now. does any one have any ideas on how to induce labor at home

my first baby and i am scared my due date is today

gracieheller

Asked by gracieheller at 3:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• SEX SEX SEX lol Take walk for bout 30mins do squats
    Lizard630

Answer by Lizard630 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Due dates are an estimation. They can be off by days or even weeks. Relax and take a deep breath. I totally understand the desire to have the baby born already (I think every mother does). But there is no such thing as "safe induction." Even pitocin (what they give you at the hospital) isn't safe!

The baby WILL come out when he's ready. Allow him the extra time to finish getting ready for the world. He will be healthier that way!
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 3:27 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I know how ya feel but since today is your due date that means the baby is coming soon so if I was you I would sleep, sleep as much as you can because after the baby gets here you wont know what sleep is.lol.
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I know how you feel! I was desperate for my little one to arrive - until my DH ended up in the hospital from a motorcycle accident! Then I was desperate for her to stay put!

It's really hard to wait but try to be patient. He'll come when he's ready and right now, his "finishing touches" are still being applied.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I KNOW HOW U FEEL. MY SON WAS OVER A WEEK LATE WHEN THEY INDUCED ME AT THE HOSPITAL. IT DROVE ME COMPLETLY NUTS. I JUST DID THINGS AROUND THE HOUSE THAT NEEDED TO BE DONE AND GOT SOME EXTRA SLEEP. HE WILL BE HERE BEFORE U KNOW IT. GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS!
    HuntersMom4908

Answer by HuntersMom4908 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Others might not agree with my but drink castor oil. My SIL did to get her baby out before her husband deployed. She drank some in the morning, had a lot of poo poo (sorry if TMI) and the baby was born the next morning.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 4:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• walking, as much as you possibly can if you are not supposed to be in bed also sex works too I tried both with my daughter and I think it worked my son on the other hand was more stubborn, every baby is diffrent...but you can try,right? no harm in that.
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 4:03 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• ohhh i know exactly how you feel. I was induced two days after my due date and i felt it was not soon enough. My advise is to calm down & relax, get all your baby stuff ready, sleep and get some rest.Before you know it you'll have your baby with you. good luck!!!!
    audry629

Answer by audry629 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• just relax.maybe take a nice walk.lots of rest and make sure you eat befor you get there i had 16 hours of labor on no rest and garpefruit..i was induced after being 3 days late so that my doctor wouldnt be on vacation...turns out she calculated wrong and i my daughter had sighns of being a little early....needless to i was p.o but glad to have my baby....good luck and congrats :)
    kharmasmom

Answer by kharmasmom at 4:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Taking castor oil can be dangerous! Don't do it!
    Anonymous