Rude or not?

One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone wears headphones while they're in the same room with others. Right now, DD is watching cartoons, I am online, & DH is sitting in the chair with headphones on watching a movie on his laptop. For some reason it just irks the hell out of me! This isn't a new pet peeve, either - it's driven me nuts for as long as I can remember. I just think that if you want to be antisocial, then go to another room or something, you know? Am I alone?

Proudmumof2

Asked by Proudmumof2 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• ~*Not*~.. I usually prefer they wear headphones so the rest of us don't have to hear it... and hear what we're doing "over" them!!! Hahahaha... we have muliple TVs and computers, so it would be really noisy if we didn't
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Here, if I want to watch another movie, I can go in the upstairs loft to do it. The only person who wears headphones is DH while he works out.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• what you described is not rude.

if you had company over, or he was at the dinner table it would be rude.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 1:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't think it is rude at all. He is being respectful to all of you and not bothering any of you. I would actually prefer my DH to wear headphones then I wouldn't have to hear the crap I don't like lol.
    arobert29

Answer by arobert29 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I WISH my DH would wear headphones while he's playing Call of Duty and Halo! lol I don't think it's rude at all...he's probably actually trying to be respectful
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2011