Are american's globally nosy?

Do you feel that American's stick their noses in the business of other countries too much? I'm not talking about helping countries when in crisis, I'm talking about Americans sending troops to fight in wars all in the name of "promoting democracy." Or sending weapons to countries like Egypt. Now that there is a call for change in goverment America needs to step in to protect the use of the weapons we gave them.

Do we step in too often?

pioneergirl10

Asked by pioneergirl10 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I believe they are globally concerned about anything that might affect the U.S. or their citizens.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:49 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Catch 22 - if we ignore the problem we're heartless and greedy. If we offer advice we're nosy and rude. I think we need to be "heartless and greedy" far more often than we are, but it really comes down to WHO is in need and whether we need them on our side down the road to get other things done.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Sometimes we are too nosy, sometimes we are not nosy enough. We do an awful lot of behind the scenes propping up of the wrong people.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:02 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Damned if we do, damned if we don't.
    If we just let everything go, crap happens and we're STILL the bad guys for it lol What would have happened had we stayed out of the problem with Hitler/Nazi's? I would hate to see where this world had ended up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think if we try and stay out we are looked at as heartless but if we go and helped we are seen as being too involved. There is fine line that we have a hard time not crossing. Sometimes I think that it is expected that we will come and help.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• When American doesn't get involved, we are scrutinized... When we do, we are nosy? NP gets BEST ANSWER, IMO
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Well, if you look around here, I see a LOT more Canadians discussing American politics than the other way around! (NP gets best answer in my vote.)
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• America has interests (economic and otherwise) all over the world. Seems to be all intertwined at this point ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011