Why are people so quick to fly off the handle?

Why not wait to hear all the details, an explanation or for a simple apology? Why are people so bitchy lately? Customer service has gone down the toilet, but so has people's attitudes in general. There is nothing I hate to see worse than a grown woman throwing a temper tantrum over something, hands on her hips, rolling her head...it makes me want to puke. Please... be nice. Just wait for an explanation before you go off on a bitch tirade.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You are right it is very ugly when anyone acts like that.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The only time I have done that is if its about my kids and I think someone is mistreating them. I will fly off the handle easily about that.

Answer by gemgem at 11:10 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I have to say I have not seen the entire situation so I try not to judge
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• They need to get laid or some extra xanax !
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We live in an instanteneous type society where everything is within grasp.. so, people's expectations have aligned to this quick result-fast paced approach. So, ... I know it's hard to deal with but not sure it's going to change.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 11:27 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• in the case of customer service, it's their job to keep the calls short. that and you're probably bringing up something they're heard many times before.

as for anyone else, short temper or hormones maybe?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yeah, I wish more people were nicer. I think it depends on where you live also. Some people are so rushed that they snap easily. Some people stop to smell the roses so they are more relaxed.
    I met someone who likes being mean to people for no reason. SAD!
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I completely agree!
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Or a grown man throwing a tantrum, they're just as bad.

Thing is, those tantrum loving people usually get what they want. My ex's mom was like this & ya know what? She always got what she wanted from her persistent bitching. Free upgrades on planes, car rentals....free food at restaurants, discounts galore...totally unfair! The bitch always gets her way!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:27 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think people are so rushed lately, and only think of themselves, and feel entitled to only have good things happen to them, that they go off the handle when things aren't to their liking. Having worked in customer service, it's not really a good idea to be yelling at people you want to do something for you. Yes, they may give you a little something to get rid of you, but if you're calm, and quiet, you often can get even more than you thought possible. My DH is very calm and quiet, and if something goes wrong, he simply states the facts and says, "What can you do to help me with this". He's polite and always says, "I know this isn't a problem you created, but can you help me find a solution?" Works all the time. I've learned a lot from his demeanor. He says the person behind the counter is a person, too, and wants to be treated that way.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2011