And yet another wisdom tooth question...

So, as some of you know, I had one of my lower wisdom teeth removed yesterday.

Beforehand, the dentist warned me that there was a small chance, because of how the tooth was running through a nerve, that I could have permanent paralysis on a certain area of my face. Well, this morning all of the numbness has gone away except for that one little area, which is completely numb. I'm wondering, did any of you experience pro-longed numbness in a certain area? I don't know if it's normal or if I should be concerned and call the dentist. It's been almost 24 hours since I had the novacaine injections. What do you ladies think?

Any and all input is appreciated.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:02 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Health

• I had my left lower removed friday. I definately dont have any numbness, it wore off after about 3 hrs. I also have a lot of nerve damage though. Call and ask your dentist.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 11:05 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I had some dental work a few years ago and yeah, I had spotty areas stay numb for longer than a couple days. By the time I was healed inside they were pretty much back to normal.
    Anonymous