Is my son the uncle of my step grandson?

I was woundering! Is my 17yr old son the uncle of 6yr old step grandson? And also! Is my step daughter the half sister to my son? Or is she a step sister to my son?

babyboomer1977

Asked by babyboomer1977 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Technically, yeah, your son is the uncle (or I guess step-uncle, but that's really technical!). Your step daughter is the step sister to your son.
    I've got a huge family (everyone is remarrried - I've got two sisters, a half brother, three step brothers, and a step sister). It gets confusing!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I guess the same way that your grandma is also your aunt and your cousin is your uncle...
    Stranger things have happened.
    myheartflys

Answer by myheartflys at 11:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Your son would technically be a step uncle, And your step daughter would be your son's step sister.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:42 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• If she is your new husbands child she is is step sister,yes your step grandson is his nephew. why are you calling them step . no matter what you are family.
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 11:44 AM on Feb. 22, 2011