Blast from the past....

I got an email last weekend from someone from my past. Namely, my first real boyfriend, the man I lost my virginity to (granted he was just a boy then). We chatted bit and we have chatted a few times in the past. It was just odd that he seemd to have sought me out. He remembered things about us dating that I did not even remember. He wants to continue to chat, which is fine and I agreed to. I am married and he knows that and he is in a relationship and says he is happy. I just wonder why he sought me out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Curiosity. Facebook etc makes it SO easy to do this now.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:48 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Maybe he's just been missing the past. I know I've been doing that a lot lately, and have wanted to search out guys, or other people, that I knew once upon a time and haven't heard from in awhile.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• it may be he misses talking to you. If he wants to be more than friends I would explain that you are happily married and perfer to leave the past in the past.
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 11:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• but that is where I am fearful because I am not happily married. I am making do for now, but I don't know where I will end up. But I know he is not an option for my future, but I do enjoy talking to him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It's nice to talk about fun times in the past when things were so simple. Make sure he knows that you do not want anything more than chatting/friendship.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I found my first real boyfriend on FB too. It was nice to see how his life worked out (he's married with a child). We chatted alot then things got a little out of hand. I liked the atention but it was interferring with my feelings for my fiance. So one day I clicked the "cancel" button and canceled my account. I'm much happier now. He's part of my past and needs to stay there.
    cecyh9

Answer by cecyh9 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You said you aren't happy, why is that?? I think you should sort that out first. Your ex is a friend and needs to stay that way. Don't go and muddle every thing together by saying you have feelings for him now and then you want to end your marriage. Forget him,. if you have to delete him, and work on whats in front you now and why it isn't making you happy..
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Oh I don't have feelings for him like that, where it would ruin my marriage. I will admit my marriage is unhappy and has been for the last couple of years. I have no intention of beginning an intimate relationship with the ex and seems to be very happy with his fiancee. But it is nice to have friends, whether they be male or female. He won't end my marriage it just struck me as odd how it all happened, but in the same breath it is nice to know someone remembers you fondly and that they think of you, even given how things ended 20 yrs ago. we were dumb, young and so very clueless about so very much! He is not someone I would want to shut the door on because I know he has dealt with a lot of tragedy in his life and he needs friends too. But he does not use that as a way to get sympathy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2011