Is anyone on CM a "Mystery Shopper or Shadow shopper"?

I am curious and looking to make extra money. IS this legal, profitable, time consuming, worth it? What company is best to work for. Details???

homeskoolmama

Asked by homeskoolmama at 11:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• Well...some of them are legal, others are scams. It is not very profitable and it is very time consuming! In my opinion it is NOT worth it.
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 11:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I have been mystery shopping for real payment for about 2 years now. PM me and I will send you some links of companies I use....Just NEVER pay a company, They should be paying you. Its not a lot of money. I would get lucky to find a couple shops in one day that pay 8-10 bucks in the same area or mall. Then it may be worth it, but the next day might not be so lucky. I'd say you could realistically make about $100.00 a month if you include all the costs of gas and mileage. Also, many places will pay you reimbursement only. It's nice if you want to get free lunches and such, but if money is tight and you wouldn't have gone out anyway your kind of losing the gas money---but getting free lunch. It takes a while to sign up for all the companies and search through them daily so I am not as into it as I used to be.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 11:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I did one for a bank one time. They asked every little detail. Height, weight, hair,and eye color. name. I had to make up a fake story about moving to the area and ask about accounts. THEN I had to make up a lie because I couldn't open an account for real (in the rules) and they asked for my contact info so I felt stupid and had to lie about that too. I hated it!!
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• ive never done that. but i do online Sureys. its brings on some extra.

check out my blog http://ashwillison.blogspot.com/

hope this helps.
    ParkerMommy

Answer by ParkerMommy at 4:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2008