My head and my heart are being pulled in many directions right now

and I just don't know which direction to follow? How do you know where your heart really lies and who you really love? How do you know what is the best for your future and your families future? I am afraid of making a mistake and so I do nothing and I think that is not a good thing for anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Honestly, PRAY. Then don't be afraid of the answer. Chances are that the answer is already in front of you. Some of my greatest accomplishments in life have come to me because I made mistakes. Your family will still love you. Trust God and yourself.
    myheartflys

Answer by myheartflys at 11:56 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Follow your heart, it usually leads you in the right direction and if it doesn't, there is always a risk in relationships thought out with your heart or your head, either way, if you do not take a risk following your heart you will never know.

Answer by older at 11:57 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Sit back and give yourself time to relax. Do not make any drastic changes in your life based off of emotion. When are calm you will make the most sound decisions. Good luck to you.

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• But then... what we think is leading with the heart is actually leading with the glands!

If you're trying to decide between two different men, the right answer is usually "neither." You need to know YOU first, without a man involved. Often the result is a third man pops up who makes everyone in the past look like a piker.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Sit down one night and make a list of all of the qualities you would like your perfect mate to have. Then, compare your guy to that. If he is lacking in a very important area, he is not the one for you. If it is a more superficial area, then that is negotiable.
    Most of the time, you will know when you find a man that is right for you. There will be no question.
    And, be wary of decisions toward someone near ovulation or against someone near period onset . . . they come from a hormonal place.
    :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Do what you know is right for you and what is going to help you to get where you need to be.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2011