could my 3 month old be saying first word already?

Ok so when my son, 3 month almost, be saying his first word already? He is developementally at 5 or 6 months, he can hold thins in his hand, sometimes switches between hands, is trying to sit up on his own, sits assisted, laughs, baby talks, he can roll over, just not fully from back to front yet, holds his head up with no problems. The reason I'm thinking he may be sating his first words already is that if i have him laying down he wants my attention he starts to baby talk and when that doesnt work he says what sounds to me and my boyfriend like moma......so is this s coincidence or could he actually be saying his first word already?

stephmiester87

Asked by stephmiester87 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Infants babble.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• WoW! Good job mom! My almost 5 month old, same thing... He's been saying mom for about 10 days now. I say wait a couple days and if he says it ( mine did yesterday ) when you're not home, probably is talking, I'm still not sure either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My mom swears I was talking by 6 months old and full sentences by a year. My DD did the same thing you are describing but it wasn't for a few more months that she actually said an intelligible "Mama".

Also my DD was physically on the same developmental track as yours seems to be. I'd call it babbling for now. You'll know when it's really an intended word :) Sure is cute though :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 11:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yes. He's a genius. Call Sweden and tell them to get ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• my seven month old also does dadada or mamama but I don't think it's on purpose. however make an effort to say what we say, I think that's where it's coming from. When he was 3 or 4 months we would go uh-oh and he would respond uh-uh, so I think he's just trying to copy us
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 1:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2008