constipation!

Can constipation cause you to have bad cramping? Im just worried cause im pregnant and don't want to worry

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• oh yes...i had cramping all the way to my chest from constipation =[
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 11:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Constipation may cause cramping, but if you have constant cramping, you may want to call your doc just to be safe. I had a UTI with no symptoms and when it got bad I started having cramps. It was because I was starting to go into labor from the UTI(I was only 30 weeks). Anyway, if the cramping doesn't stop or get worse, you should call your doc, better safe than sorry.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• yes i had constipation thr whole time i was prego it makes it hard during labory to when its time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• It's safe to take colace, a stool softner and metamucel for fiber while pregnant.... it does cause cramping, mine got so bad I had to get these meds... and boy did it help!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• There's a prenatal vitamin called Prenate MD that my doctor put me on. It's a regular prenatal vitamin but it has an added stool softener in it, bc so many people get constipated by prenatals. Maybe you should ask ur doctor about it. I've been on them for about a month, and they're work pretty good.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2008