Religion and your Womanhood

As a mom,wife,woman...I feel my Catholic religion is very important to my life. Based on my religious beliefs,values,etc...religion makes me the woman I wish to be,and helps me bestow those beliefs into my 2 daughters.

So,how many of women,feel religion makes you a better woman,mom,wife?Why do you feel this way.

Kassie09

Asked by Kassie09 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• God speaks to my husand through his wife. And he listens. :)
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Nope.
    Anonymous

• I feel that spirituality in general makes me a better woman, and religion provides structure and family support. Unfortunately, though, I have met many "religious" people who are not the best they can be . . . .so I would say it is more about a personal relationship with God.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Without my relationship with God I wouldn't be half the woman,mom, wife that I am. He gives me direction and a purpose, I pray that I raise my children to love him the way my husband and I do.
    lovelyheaven271

Answer by lovelyheaven271 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think that my Buddhist practice makes me a better person... it reminds me to be present with my family, it reminds me to enjoy each moment and not to wish my life away, it influences what I pass on to my kids and how I present things to them. I've never really thought about it in terms of womanhood before. Obviously I'm a woman, but I don't know if I had a strong idea of what 'womanhood' is.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My lack of religion helps me be a better woman because I know for me this is it there is no second chance.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I have grown and blossomed as a Woman with y walk with the Goddess!
    (Something I could have never achieved in a patriarchal religion.)
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My ovaries don't have a lot to do with my religion..... It's about being a good human, not a good [fill in whichever specific role you want]
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 3:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Faith helps me to try to be a better person, to be more compassionate and loving (etc) - things that are essential to the role of being a wife or mother. But I try to apply it to every area of my life, rather than just my family in specific, if that makes sense....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My religion opens my eyes to the my role in ministry of marriage. I do not see my marriage not only as a legal contract but as a perpetual commitment representing my relationship to Christ.

ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2011