My son is two months old and im having issues motivating myself to work out. is it too soon to worry about that, is there anything simple i can start with, and how long does it usually take to get to feeling back to "normal" again?

pagwife55

Asked by pagwife55 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Everyone is different, but I didn't start feeling normal again until my son was two. Some people bounce back really quickly, though, so just monitor yourself.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't have any biological kids of my own so I cannot give you an answer as far as the time line. But, an easy form of excercise is to hop in the pool. I teach swim lessons 4x's a week and just being in the water, balancing myself against the movement has been enough to slim me down, even just a little. It may be a great way to get moving, you can water walk, swim laps, or just play around.
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Just start maybe with arm weights while you are watching TV if you like but honestly you are probably getting tons of exercise just carryign him around. Don't be hard on yourself!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• First of all..are you breastfeeding? It helps the baby weight come off... honestly! No big deal if you aren't, though. Your son is only 2 months - don't stress about the weight! Lots of it could come off just from doing the things moms do on a regular basis - carrying him around and things like that.
    It took FOREVER for me to lose the last 10-15 lbs after having my son - the rest came off on its own, but I had never worked out before and I had no idea where to begin. I still had weight to lose when he turned one!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'd do stretches. You can do them while you watch tv or hold the baby.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would ask your doctor what your physically able to do. Until then Start off slow by walking a block or two and simple stretches and some yoga. Dont forget Your body is still healing and your probably tired from not sleeping a full 8 hours a night. Start off with 5 minutes three times a day and add a few minutes every couple days. You can even get baby involved. Instead of just rocking baby do some keigle and stomach tightening while rocking. Stretch your legs and rotate your ankles. Not sure what your weather is where your at but if its nots horribly cold bundle baby up and take her/him for a walk. Ju
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• stretching
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:54 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Hormones can make things hard... just start slow and be kind to yourself, your energy and motivation will return.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2011