How do I get candlewax out of my daughters blankie?

My DD was at her dads this past weekend and came home with big splotches of red candlewax on her most beloved blankie. I'm not sure how or why she was allowed to have access to a candle but I have no idea how to get it out. Any suggestions?

hoping73

Asked by hoping73 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try tossing it in the freezer overnite. With all luck, the wax will disengage in the morning when it is frozen.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I think my baby would have an absolute melt down if she had to go to bed without her blankie.
    hoping73

Comment by hoping73 (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• ~*Iron*~ and rag you can toss if need be...

Place the washcloth over the icky part, iron the washcloth, it’ll help to transfer to it!!! If just on top, pick off as much as possible BEFORE doing this
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• If what InmaginationMama suggests doesn't work (it should) try scraping it off then laying a piece of brown paper bag over the spot and iron it on low. The wax should transfer tot he paper.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My mother had candlewax in her carpet and she was told to put newspaper over it and blow dry it to.melt it, which wil stick to the newspaper but as far as the stain idk about that. Try different stain removers and don't dry it until they are removed.
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Place a plain paper bag over the wax, use an iron (no steam) and keep moving the bag as the wax melts to remove it. Works on rugs too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Try an ice cube on it directly and than chip it off
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Lots of helpful suggestions. I was thinking to freeze it, but the idea of iron transfer sounds like it might work. See how much you can peel off first. G'luck.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 2:56 AM on Feb. 23, 2011