How do you really feel about being called mam?

Been mam-ed to death lately.I guess its better than her ?

grismelda

Asked by grismelda at 12:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Im 43 and much rather be called mam than miss. It really irks me when the little bag girl calls me miss... Im obviously not a miss... mam would be MUCH more respectful.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Personally I feel old when that is said to me! But I do not let it bother me.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't feel great about it - I'm only 22, and I get it a lot more than I'd like to hear, that's for sure.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't mind it at all. I'm 26 and it doesn't bother me in the least. Then again, I don't let many things bother me. I've actually never even thought about this one before, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• it's alot more respectful than anything else, like "yeah". i make my kids say "yes ma'am, yes sir, ect". now "mrs"....that makes me feel old lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'd prefer that. I have had people my age at Wal-Mart and what not call honey and sweety.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i hate it. it ages you horribly. i used to work at a waterpark and ppl would call me ma'am. i'd think "hello...i'm only 18/19" or lady. "listen to the lady" uhg. i'm only 22 now. i don't want to be called either. i remember Ellen did a bit on her show about how she hated being called ma'am cause no one says it nicely, and that she didn't mind being called a girl
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I now realize that because I'm in the South, and most people have been taught from childhood to "mam and sir your elders", that it's a term of respect. But the first time it happened, I had to call my friend and tell her, "I just got mam'ed", because it made me feel old. Now I think it's funny, and it sure is better than being called "hey you" or "lady".
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't mind it..I prefer it over "miss" (yuck). It shows respect. My Son says "sir" and "ma'am" just like Mommie and Daddie do.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Being called mam makes me feel old, but I don't let it get to me. It's just used to address people in a respectful manner, and that's what I tell myself every time someone "mams" me.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2011