Will your husband be mad at you?

Well this morning I was washing a load of clothes and I forgot to set the dial to heavy it was on delicate anyway the load was heavy and as it was spinning somehow the washer just freaked out and made a loud sound that I ran to shut it off and noticed the inside (I believe it is called an agitator) the part that rotates to wash clothes well the top of it was broken.... I am so worried. Not that he will yell or hit me but the thought of making him mad sometimes he doesn't understand he just blows up...so I have to calm him down and tell him stuff that he likes to hear...lol if u know what I mean. Anyway I have called for this part it is going to cost us 80.00 buck...damn. I think this is the part he'll be pissed about. Wish me luck.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Just do like I do...call him up at work and say "Babe, somethings wrong with the washer. It started making some weird noises and when I ran in there to check it the top of the agitator was off. Can you take a look at it when you get home?"
    That way it has nothing to do with you and he already knows its broken when he gets home.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Why would you stay with someone who you are afraid of! Yes my husband would probably be pissed off but, Oh well, he'll get over it! My husband shoved me against a wall one time and I called the Police and had him arrested. he spent 2 days in jail before I wnt to bail his stupid ass out! He has never come near me in anger again1 That was last January 3rd. The judge told him if he is arrested for domestic violence a gain he will get 30 days in jail AND a $2500 fine minimum!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 11:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Oh my gosh girl! Things break! My hubby loses his temper sometimes but sheesh! I'm not scared of him. I think all women have to calm down there angry half, but if you'rw afraid of being hit that's way too far! Just don't mention you overloaded it! Is there a warranty?
    Monnek

Answer by Monnek at 11:32 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I understand what you are saying, I'm the same way. It's not like I'm afraid of him or what he will do I just don't like it when he isn't happy. I especially hate if he is upset about something and it's my fault. It makes me feel bad to make him feel bad. Yeah, that's something I wouldn't want to have to tell my dh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I'm sorry that you are worried about telling your husband about this. My husband would probably just laugh at me for breaking the washer (just in a kidding way, no in a mean way). But, he would say it was an accident, and we would get another part.
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My husband woould be pissed off too, I like the idea about telling him before he gets home from work, that we he will have had time to calm down before he gets home.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My daughter just broke my glasses yesterday because I was careless with them. You know what my husband did? When he came home from work he took me up to the eyeglass place & got me new frames. No yelling invovled. I dont understand why some husband's think think its ok to treat their wife like a child. He does stupid crap too. I dont yell at him. Good luck w/ the washer.
    Anonymous

• It doesn't even seem like it's your fault that it broke. If you think he'll blame you then that's weird too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• nope he does the laundry so i wouldnt have that concern, he gets mad like that about my car, that i dont keep it clean, now he has my sonharrassing me that my car is yucky... i dont really care if my car is clean, i have kids!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I get what you're saying, too. I hate it when I have to tell my husband stuff that is going to make him mad. Then he either yells (not necessarily at me but in general) and gets in a bad mood that lasts forever. I hate it. I wouldn't be afraid to tell him, I just wouldn't want to have to do it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2008