Was i wrong...?

i broke up with my bf and he really hurt. im emotionally confused and just have too much to handle right now. my past is something i dont talk about and with our relationship the past was something that always came up. i didnt really tell him about it and i feel like i should of been more honest with him. was i wrong for not telling him about it? he said he cant do it anymore and i really wish i hadnt broken up with him..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• That depends on what the past is about. Some things are okay to be a part of our private past. Some things mat be important for your partner to know.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Well it depends on what it was u didnt tell him about. Did he ask and u lied? That would be wrong. Or did you just not come out and tell him? That's not wrong UNLESS it has something to do with yalls relationship. I feel the same as you, the past is the past but...your significant other has the right to know. If it was always brought up after and he coukdnt just get passed the situation then I would move on bc it was in the "past".
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• my past is something im not proud of, its a lot of regrets and mistakes. it does interfer with the sexual side of our relationship because its hard for me to become imtimate which we were at a point in our relationship where we talking about kids. i just dont know how open i can be about things.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i just didnt tell him, like he knows i was raped when i was 14 but he reminds me of a friend that i was really close to that i saw die and he doesnt know the whole story or all my past just bits and peices.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't know what he really wanted to know from you. But your is your past not his. I know when I shared my past it became ammunition. I am not saying that every guy is like that but my ex was like that.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i honestly think you should just talk to him. tell him your past is your past and your not comfortable talking about it yet. but if he is really hurt then you should just explain why you felt the need to break up. who knows maybe you two could get back together again. and if you still care about his feelings then you still care about him :)
    Miszross

Answer by Miszross at 1:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• guess that depends on what you didn't tell him. IMO everyone is entitled to keep their past in the past unless it pertains to the current relationship
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 2:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would see about some counseling sessions with him if he'll go. If not, go alone. Sounds like you are going through some hard stuff.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• IMO, there should be no secrets between you and your s/o. My dh knows everything about my past, and if he asks anything, I'm ok with telling him. I'd let your ex know how you feel, let him know you are willing to try to be more open, but let him know it will be hard for you. If he is willing to work on your relationship, so should you.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2011