What are your commetns about Al Qaeda's remarks about Obama?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7737710.stm
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/11/19/obama.alqaeda/?imw=Y&iref=mpstoryemail

In a message purportedly from Ayman al-Zawahiri, the al-Qaeda deputy accused US President-elect Barack Obama of betraying his Muslim roots.
He likened him to a "house slave" - who had chosen to align himself with the "enemies" of Islam.
"The al-Qaeda deputy accused US President-elect Barack Obama of betraying his Muslim roots. He likened Obama to a "house slave" - who had chosen to align himself with the "enemies" of Islam. "
Do you think this will heighten Al Qaeda's attacks and might this be the foreshadowing of the "TEST" Biden spoke up?
Are any military wives worried about hubby's overseas and them being safe during this Presidential transition?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, I didn't vote for him, but he has some serious tests coming his way. The fact that he isn't very experienced really bothers me, but I am guessing that's why he is surrounding himself with all of those Clintaniacs. He has tried to be all things to all people and it doesn't work that way. We will be tested with another attack, that much I believe.
    Anonymous

• Opps, I copied and pasted twice. I was in SO MUCH shock when I read this.Those are some pretty harsh words!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Wow. And all along I thought Al Qaeda and Obama were in cahoots. Pretty funny if you ask me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Makes you wonder if Al queda would hate the U.S. more for being a christian country OR hate Obama more for once being muslim and becoming christian and ruling a christian nation. For me, I would think the hatred for Obama would be greater, because they themselves may have actually believed the rhetoric about Obama being a muslim ( pre-election). And now have been informed he is a christian. Wow, they may be in reality very very angry. Interesting to see what does happen, and how 0 reacts.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 11:32 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I think if we don't want anymore war then who cares what they, sticks and stones make break our bones but words will never hurt us, however if they attack US soil one more time, screw trying to bring peace to them declare an all out war and take the country over, take over the oil, take over the citizens, and claim it as our own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• You all elected his stupid ass now the country is probably going to pay for it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I did vote for Obama, and I believe the wider perspective he gained from his time living in different cultures will help him in dealing with many threats from abroad. I don't really think al Quaeda would hate us any more or less, no matter who our president is.

And, to the poster who said Obama rules a christian nation: the USA is not a christian nation. It is a nation in which the majority of the population is christian, but it also includes many, many people of a lot of other faiths. Our laws are not christian laws, and our government is not a christian government. It is my understanding that Bin Laden hates us so much for our moral corruption as a society, and for our meddling in Saudi Arabian politics.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 12:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Arabs hate us for what we stand for, they think we put to much into materialistic things. You know the 9/11 terrorists actually came and visited and were appalled at our love for sex and sexiness. They were in miami and couldn't believe the women walking around in skimpy outfits. Also they didn't like how we paid attention to our lawns. I guess if they had grass they would understand..haha They hate us for our ways and beliefs and it doesn't help that Israel is like our little brother, we will always protect them and they don't like that.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 12:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Obama won't RULE (like an emperor), he will govern.
    Anonymous

• sammiesmom2000: The country has already paid for it with Bush so you can't blames either if the government wasn't letting all these people with visa visit our country and not keep track of what they are doing here. That is the problem. You can have all the expierence in the world it dosen't make you right.
    Anonymous