Anyone who sew similar curtains?

http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&op=listing&product_id=2360845

sb75

Asked by sb75 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Yes, I have made several styles of swags similar to this for customers, and myself, when I had my sewing business. I took a class at a fabric store to learn initially, but there are many good patterns out there by McCall's, Butterrick, and Simplicity too. JoAnn's Fabrics has pattern sales often and you can get a good deal on them. The problem you may have is getting the size of the patterned swags to fit your windows. They have to be customized. So, I always got some clearance fabric and played with the pattern dimensions to get it to the size I needed for my windows. I love this style because it is not hard to do, after you get the hang of it, and they are impressive!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Custom Order Swags and Cascades for Rod With Rings

I've made similar curtains too. Home dec sewing really isn't as difficult as most people seem to think. elizabr pretty much covered all the advice I can think of, other than checking youtube for instructional videos. They used to have good DIY shows on HGTV and DIY Network, but now they are overun with realestate and competition shows. :-\

GL with your project. :-)

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Thanks guys that was very helpful info!!
    sb75

Comment by sb75 (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2011