Who has gotten a negative HPT but really been pregnant?

and I mean like 5 negative HPTs taken at all sorts of different times......might be 11 weeks or so but still no positive HPT but pants that fit 2 weeks ago no longer fit at all....and it looks as though I have a small rounding going on. My first pregnancy I was out of normal pants by 10 weeks and by 14 weeks I was showing....so that's normal for me. I also had no morning sickness, nor do I now- but i'm tired alot and gaining weight despite watching my calorie intake. Last time though I didn't gain a pound until after 22 weeks. my belly just feels....heavy if that make any sense.

I have a physical tomorrow so I am hoping they can look and see....but just curious if anyone here never tested positive on an HPT but was still indeed pregnant. The good thing is IF I am pregnant my OGBYN is right downstairs from my PCP.

stephanieplante

Asked by stephanieplante at 1:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I never tested positive until I was almost 3 months pregnant. Every test I took came out negative and all the while I was pregnant. I also have a few friends who did the same thing. And the funny part was I did take a test every week and kept rotating at what time of the day that I took the test. All results NEG. was really upsetting me then one day came up POS. and I was hysterical. Then went to my first appt and found out I was almost 3 months preggo I was shocked. Told my doc. that every test I took was neg what the heck he said he wasn't sure lol.
    arobert29

Answer by arobert29 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I tested neg until I was 5 months! So like 15 neg, tests! Only reason I thought in was pregnant was feeling the baby mover and weigh gain. I never missed a cycle or anything!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I just got a bfp on sunday. I was over two weeks late. I took test every day to every other day all negative. Then I took a test thursday or friday negative not even a hint of a line then sunday i got a dark positive on a frer and cbed. Ive been testing everyday since just to watch the line get darker. Now im worried because to me it doesnt seem to be getting dark enough. lol the best bet is to get a blood test you can go to a lab and the usually cost like 25.00 and then youll know for sure
    zimmtobe

Answer by zimmtobe at 1:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I forgot to mention... with my son I tested postive right away...like as soon as I missed a period
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yes I did just once though. It was an ectopic pregnancy.

Answer by gemgem at 1:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My first two children. My third I was positive right away.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 1:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i took three pregnancy tests-all negative. Discovered I WAS actually pregnant at 6 months.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• all of my doctors office pregnancy tests keep coming back negative. but i have 6 positive home pregnancy tests that show faint + symbols. and now im 33 weeks 1 day pregnant.
    Tricia737

Answer by Tricia737 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• thanks ladies. I'll let you all know tomorrow as son as I know.
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2011