Need help on gaining weight

So i have always been under weight. I had my son two years ago then stopped having a period after that. Well the doctor told me today that my body is not making any estrogen and my uteris walls are very thin. Since we are not trying to have a child right at the moment there is no need to see a specialist, but she did tell me it might help if i gain weight. She told me to start trying to drink protein shakes. I have no idea about them whats the best kind, what taste the best, which is the cheapiest, do i take it with a meal after a meal or what? Please help any advice would be nice and yes i do eat i would never starve myself or anything like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Health

• I can offer you 40 lbs of mine if you'd be so kind to take it
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Drink Ensure as often as you can with or without a regular meal. Also Ovaltine in whole milk & Ice Cream at night will help pack on the pounds.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Oooh, just come over here . . . .I'll feed you well. Just kidding. :) So, yes, protein shakes, making sure you are snacking and not missing meals . . . maybe add in a fourth meal somewhere. Try adding more healthy carbs. And change your milk to whole.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'm sorry...but I wish I had your problem! I would drink what ever cheap protein shake..from GNC or any health food store..plus they might can guide you in the right direction ...
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• well wal mart has these jars of pure whey protein shakes. you need to couple this with exercise though because protein helps you built muscle, not fat. but you need the exercise to build the muscle
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Here's a pretty good article on it.  On the last page there are some good suggestions.  And more links if you Google "how to gain weight".  GL

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/healthy-ways-to-gain-weight

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Creatin shakes
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• best way to gain weight is eat ice cream before going to bed!!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• try eating a lot of pasta, that seems to put weight on the fastest
    chrisrmom

Answer by chrisrmom at 1:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• There is an item my cousin used to give her kids to gain weight. (Appetivit) not sure if that is the correct spelling. It is an French item you take and it increase your appetite, it works wonders. Be prepare though you will not stop eatting. Another item you can have your doctor prescribe is Periacttin. Wonder pill. But my friend took this and loved it.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 1:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011